This recipe is pretty simple and straight forward. Makes for a quick and easy dinner with leftovers for lunch the next day.
· 8 ounce soba noodles
· ½ cup tamari
· 1 teaspoon sesame oil
· 2 tablespoons quality peanut oil, olive oil or vegetable oil
· 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
· 1½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
· 1 bunch green onions, chopped (I used half a bag)
· ¾ cup chopped cilantro
· 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
· ¼ head of red cabbage, thinly sliced
· 3 whole carrots, shredded with vegetable peeler
· 2 cups shelled edamame, steamed
· ½ cup toasted sesame seeds
1. Cook soba noodles according to directions, and rinse in a colander.
2. Chop up all your vegetables, and toss into a bowl with the soba noodles.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the tamari, sesame oil, canola oil, rice wine vinegar and red pepper flakes.
4. Pour the dressing into the pasta and veggies and toss well to combine. Enjoy!